- Select best sunscreen with sun protection factor that will block UVA and UVB rays. The sunscreen you use must be water resistant. You are advised to reapply sunscreen after every two hours.
- Apply sunscreen 30 minutes before leaving home to allow your skin to absorb it.
- Take a palmful of sunscreen to cover your face. Also be careful to apply sunscreen on your neck, hands, arms and legs. If you are sweating then reapply it after two hours.
- Protective clothing is of greater importance like hats, sunglasses, full sleeved shirts and full pants. White color has sun protection factor that is essential for skin care. Sunglasses provide 100 percent protection from UV rays.
- Try to stand on shady places especially during the time between 10 am to 4 pm. During this time sun rays are strongest.
Jun 01 2010