People use contact lenses who don’t want to wear glasses. Some stylish people also wear lenses of different colors to get a stylish look. Here are some tips for all contact wearers that are going to use lenses for very first time or have been using lenses for long time.
Tips to Apply Lenses
- Wash your hands and eyes thoroughly before applying or removing lenses. Apply same lens in same eye and avoid mixing of both lenses.
- Before applying lens, shake the lens case. It will loosen the lens.
- Slide the lens out of lens case to your palm. Rinse the lens thoroughly with lens care solution.
- Put the lens on your index finger. Dry your finger before putting lens on it.
- Pull you upper eye lid upward and down eyelid downward with other hand.
- Put lens on your eyeball by looking upward and forward.
- Gently close your eye and roll your eyeball in circle. It will help lens to settle on right place. Look in the mirror to make it sure that lens is centered in your eye perfectly. It will be on right place when your vision is clear.
Tips to Remove Lenses
- When you go to remove lens from your eye, wash your hands thoroughly but avoid using scented or oily soap. These soaps will adhere on surface of lens.
- Select the place where you will be easily able to find accidently fallen lens.
- Look upward and sideward and pull out the lens to downward eyelid.
- Some devices are also available in market to remove lenses. These devices are known as plungers. They are used to directly remove lens from eyes.
- Change lens storage solution after one week. Keep lenses in cold place
- Don’t put lenses when your eyes are infected of swollen.